Skip to main content

Good Enough

I don't know if I’m good enough.

Oh, I can string the words
like silvery, satin, wild-caught pearls 
along a silken line...

or foment strong, heavy words like
boots that march in bloody mud
or hot, shivering sand.

I can spit them out
when they cloy.

I can bite them back 
when
 like silent razors 
they slice swift and clean.

But every day...
every day when the word count rises
when writing’s the thing and not the play
when words must stick together in factory formation
to add up, to bring forth, to produce...
maybe I’m not good enough for that.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Avery and her pumpkin

Thoughts on overcomers--in progress

I started highlighting the word "overcomes" in Revelation when I first started the book. This is my attempt to find the significance of the word. I've copied my notes below. Any stray letters come from the kitten sitting on the keyboard. Revelation: He who overcomes will receive... NASB In Reformed Theology, the theology of R.C. Sproul, Calvin, and Luther, Scripture should be interpreted in three ways: by Scripture itself, remembering that all Scripture, OT and NT, point towards Christ, from a Redemptive Historical viewpoint: no longer, already, not yet Words in italics are strictly my thoughts about the following scriptures. 2:7 (Jesus speaking) "To him who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches. To him who overcomes , (false teaching/practices) I will grant to eat of the tree of life which is in the Paradise of God ." (everlasting life in Paradise...